Waiver of Liability
By attending our dances, I hereby agree to the following:
1. That I am participating in the dance event offered by Ecstatic Dance Lansing, Emerging Cultures LLC, and Evan Carr (“Releasees”). I recognize that fitness events like this require physical exertion that may be strenuous and physical injury may result. I voluntarily choose to participate in the event being fully aware of the risks that are involved.
2. Due to the 2019-2020 outbreak of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), Releasees are taking extra precautions with the care of every participant to include health history review and enhanced sanitation/disinfecting procedures in compliance with Center for Disease Control (“CDC”) guidance. By signing below, I certify that I, as well as all members of my household:
- a. have not had any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, fatigue, dry cough, difficulty breathing, or any other symptom identified by the CDC;
- b. have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 30 days; that I, as well as all household members, have not knowingly been exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 30 days; and
- c. I agree that in the event I am exposed to or contract COVID-19, I will not hold Releasees liable for any alleged exposure to the virus caused by my participation in the event.
3. I understand that Releasees neither warrant nor guarantee the safety of the premises and location and Releasees assume no liability for injury or loss caused by dangerous property conditions or defects.
4. I take full responsibility for my personal belongings and hold harmless Releasees for any theft or property damages that may occur during the event.
5. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the dance event, I assume the risk of injury, including contracting COVID-19, and take full responsibility for injuries or damages which I might incur as a result of participating in the dance and/or yoga event.
6. I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim for injury or damages I may have against Releasees that I may sustain as a result of participating in the event, including those associated with exposure to COVID-19.
7. I forever release, waive, discharge, and hold harmless Releasees for any injury or death, including those caused by COVID-19, caused by my participation, even if proximately caused by Releasees negligence.
Note: Every participant at our dances must agree to the terms of this Waiver.
Headphones Responsibility Agreement
I hereby agree to the following:
1. I am being granted use of a personal audio device (hereafter “headphones”) which is the property of Silent Experiences by CTYHOP or Ecstatic Dance Lansing. I will be granted use of this device from the time I sign this Agreement (hereafter “check-in”) until the time the event is scheduled to cease (hereafter “end of event”).
2. It is my responsibility to care for the headphones, and to return them to CTYHOP before the end of event. It is not the responsibility of Ecstatic Dance Lansing to retrieve the headphones from me, in the case that I do not willingly and voluntarily return them.
3. It is my responsibility to return the headphones to an Ecstatic Dance Lansing or CTYHOP volunteer at the event’s designated headphones return station. This location will be in a convenient place within the event space stated before the end of event.
4. If any damages occur to the headphones between check-in and end of event, it is my responsibility to report these damages to an Ecstatic Dance Lansing volunteer at the headphones return station. If I do not return the headphones to the headphones return station before the end of event, or if damages occur to the headphones between check-in and end of event, I will be liable for a fee of $50 due immediately, to compensate CTYHOP for its loss of vital event equipment.
Note: Every participant who borrows headphones during our dances must agree to the terms of this Agreement.